The Seaman Church of Christ was originally founded in the community of Tranquility, OH in the early 1960s. The original congregation moved from Tranquility to Seaman in the fall of 1964, feeling there was a need for a Christian Church in the village of Seaman, OH and that they were being led by God to meet that need. We have now been serving and uplifting the name of Christ here in Seaman for over fifty years!
The Seaman Church of Christ is a congregation within the Independent Christian Church/Church of Christ tradition descending from the 19th century American Restoration Movement. SCoC is therefore a non-denominational, elder-led congregation. Key/Central ideas in the Restoration Movement include the following:
• Restoration of New Testament Christianity
• Unity of the Church
• Evangelism and world mission
• Emphasis upon the "Bible only" as authoritative for faith and practice
• Baptism by immersion for the forgiveness of sins
• Weekly observance of the Lord's Supper
• Independence of local congregations
• Elder-led congregations
• Focus upon the return of Christ
For more information on the history of the Restoration Movement, we recommend this article: http://www.thecra.org/home/what-is-the-restoration-movement
For more information about what we believe, click here.
For more information about what to expect when you visit us, click here.
For more information about our ministries, click here.
And lastly, to contact us, click here.